The Glenveagh Butterfly department has four classes aged from 8-19 years old. We provide a specialized environment that meets the needs of each pupil.
Our pupils will learn through:
- Communication and Engagement – central to everything we do.
- Fun and enjoyment – we link pupil’s interests throughout our planning.
- We use a multi-sensory approach when delivering the curriculum.
- We provide each pupil with the time needed to respond, act, and achieve.
- We encourage independence, self-help skills and see personal develop/care as a vital part of our pupils learning.
- We provide Music therapy and sensory Drama sessions
- We work hand in hand with our Nurses, Physios, OT’s and Speech departments.
- We explore our environment through walks, outings, and links with outside agencies.
- We love to celebrate events by putting on a show to let everyone know how fabulous our pupils are.
- We listen to our Parents; we learn from them – They provide us with the key information to make each day special.